Monday, June 3, 2013

Mandala Monday

Can you wrap your head around the fact that today is the 3rd day of the sixth month of 2013? The year is half over. Christmas will be here before we turn around twice. (Yes, I did go there!)
Spring has been nice - a little wet here in Tennessee and yet with all the rain I did not see a rainbow. I created my own version...
004
6 x 6
Mixed Media on paper
For those of you who do not know about Derwent Inktense Pencils -- can I say THEY ARE THE MOST INCREDIBLE INVENTION! They go onto the paper like coloured pencil, but then you wet them and they are ink and are insoluble. I love the range of intense to muted they can achieve as well as the layering and blending available. Here I started filling in one shape with the yellow. Then I filled in the next with orange, etc
Try them out!

No comments: