Sunday, August 25, 2013

Connection

014
6 x 6
Mixed media on paper


Somedays I think I am connected to those around me and other days I feel alone.
I start with an intention and most days I feel I have met my intention and have connected.
Then I listen to peoples' response and find that they are having an all together different experience.
And how many times do you have to hear the same thing before you are confronted with the truth of it?
"When we try to describe the truth with words, we distort it and it's no longer truth -- it's out story. The story may be true for us, but that doesn't mean it's try for anyone else." Miguel Ruiz


What does it mean to connect?
How do you try and connect with others?
What gives you the sense that you have been successful connecting with others?

No comments: